The LPUD unit features a vertical inlet section with a tangential inlet which, combined with our special inlet assembly internals, creates a strong centrifugal action which quickly separates the gas from the inlet stream. Free liquids are introduced into the horizontal settling section in a controlled manner, minimizing mixing of water and oil.
A wide range of coil pressure ratings are available, as well as your choice of chokes, pressure control valves and controllers. In addition, the units can be configured to meet almost any production requirement or customer preference including operation pressures down to partial vacuum when fitted with an optional blowcase pump.
• Heating Coil when fitted with thermostatically controlled
• 3-way valve allows heating all or part of the Wellstream.
• Vertical separator section allows greater liquid slug capacity. Separated gas is routed directly away from the unit, reducing vapor carryover.
• Inlet vortex assembly efficiently separates liquids and provides a degree of cooling of the wellstream, reducing water vapor content of the gas.
• The liquid metering section, installed in the transition from vertical to horizontal sections, prevents re-mixing of liquids already in the settling section, to enhance oil/ water separation.
• Easily reconfigured to meet changing production conditions